The Fabriculous Tuffet Workshop
Group 3: Sunday, May 1st 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Cost: $160 Includes pattern and all supplies – all you need to purchase is approx.1 meter of fabric
Join us for the day, and create your own Fabulous Tuffet! Wendy and George will help you make your own one of a kind pieced and upholstered footstool! All the supplies you need will be prepped and ready; all you need to purchase in advance is your fabric! You will need to bring: cutting mat and rotary cutter, sewing machine, general sewing supplies, etc. If you have a staple gun and staples, bringing them will make your process speedier. We guarantee you will be going home at the end of a fun day delighted with your new home décor accessory!
- the majority of your materials are included in your registration fee. You only need fabric and thread.
- fabric: your tuffet is composed of 30- 2 1/2” x 20” strips of fabric. You can use 1/2 of a jelly roll, fat quarter strips, yardage; the choice is yours. When planning your tuffet fabrics, think in terms of numbers that 30 is divisible by- ie: 6 strips of 5 fabrics, 5 strips of 6 fabrics, 15 strips of 2 fabrics, 10 strips of 3 fabrics… you get the idea! Check out our social media for inspiration.
- thread needs to be a good quality polyester thread. Several options are available in our shop
- cutting mat
- rotary cutter
- sewing machine in good working order
- basic sewing notions- scissors, seam ripper, etc
Class will be held at Creation Nation, located directly across the street from the shop on Rosser Avenue. Door will be open at 9:45. The shop will be open at 9:30 for last minute purchases.