Introduction to Quilting Group 2: Saturday November 26, Saturday December 3 10:00am-4:00pm
Introduction to Quilting
Group 2: Saturday November 26, Saturday December 3
Instructor: Wendy van der Walt
Class fee: $90 - Includes Pattern
Discover how easy it is to get started quilting – or to refresh your basic skills. This is also a great class to take to get comfortable working on a sewing machine. Learn about safe rotary cutting, sewing an accurate quarter inch seam, basic quilt construction and much more as you work towards completing a lovely lap quilt. A sewing machine in good working order is required; nothing fancy; just needs to sew a straight stitch. You will also need a rotary cutter, 6 x 24 inch ruler and cutting mat for this class. Fabric costs for this quilt top can range from $50 - $70, depending on your selections. NOTE: in the class time frame, you will be able to complete a lap size quilt top. Instructor will share different options for finishing your top into a completed quilt.
CLASS POLICY: please read before signing up:
- All classes will take place at Creation Nation - 440 Rosser Avenue in Brandon -directly across the street from Fabriculous.
- If the minimum number of students required to run the class is not met, the class fees will be refunded.
- If you have signed up for a class, please be sure you can attend. The room has been booked and must be paid for, therefore there are no refunds or rescheduled if you are not in attendance. Class fees and spots are transferable; please inform us of any changes.
- If we have to cancel a class due to unforeseen circumstances, class fees will be refunded.
- At Fabriculous we respect the hard work of independent pattern designers: no photocopies of patterns or books are allowed in our classes.